Monday, February 20, 2006

Sentential Links #38

Click for the context, folks:

:: The endgame to this pregnancy isn't playing out like the previous two, at all. (Man, this is making me nervous. This better end well, or The Guy Upstairs and I will be having a frank chat about things.)

:: It’s gorgeous. But they do need to put more ice in the Pina Coladas. And there’s this abhorrent concoction they make that involves beer, lime juice, and a salt rimmed glass. It tastes like sea water. (Ewwwww!)

:: I decided to show you all what a grumpy Jen(nifer) looks like. (Wow. I'm glad that I didn't meet that version at the Buffalo blogger meet-up!)

:: If the reports of Mr. Williams failing another drug test are indeed true, all of his teammates on the Miami Dolphins should publicly state their disappointment in him. (Screw the Dolphins. They welcomed this guy back with open arms when they were coming off a 3-13 season.)

:: Somehow this career as a privileged screw-up has won him a reputation as an authentic and self-made man.

:: If you yelled for 8 years, 7 months and 6 days you would have produced enough sound energy to heat one cup of coffee.

:: Do you have a dangerous idea? (Hmmmm. I'm sure I can come up with one, someday....)

:: One thing that strikes me as interesting about Akira--both versions--is that I don't see the future here. If anything, without the information revolution--personal computers, the Internet, text messaging, the works--Akira's future feels decidedly retro, like the Japan of the 1980s.

:: I really don’t know what to say, when I said a puppet government; people get angry and say it’s an elected government. Well, I apologize for using such a word "puppet" describing the Iraqi government; actually I should say a "prostitute's government" and the occupation are their pimps.

:: What makes me wonder is that these are actually federal laws which make it illegal for you to declare publically that you believe the holocaust never happened. I can count at least 5 other genocides in the past century that don’t get the same recognition; starting with Sabra and Shatilla, to Deir Yassin to Rwanda to Armenia. (These last two via Rambling Taoist.)

:: Sort of (but not exactly) stealing an idea from Byzantium's Shores... (Huh-whuh?! I call shenanigans!)

OK, all for now. Join us next week for...more clicking.

No comments: