Saturday, April 29, 2006

A call for recipes and cooking suggestions!

OK, readers! I have two pounds of Polish sausage in my freezer, comprising two large loops of the stuff. And I want to cook it. I'm planning to cook one of the loops, actually, and then slice it up for use in a jamabalaya sometime in the next week or two. But what about the other one? Any thoughts?

(I should mention that my family uniformly hates sauerkraut. While I personally don't like to consume sauerkraut directly, I do think that a piece of meat simmered in sauerkraut is friggin' heavenly, but I can't even convince the clan of that, so recipes that involve sauerkraut are out.)

(By the way, when I went to college in Iowa, the pizza places out there offered sauerkraut as a pizza topping. That's wrong on so many levels that it boggles the mind to even try to list them all.)

No comments: