Wednesday, April 26, 2006

I'll get you next time, Nevins!

Jess Nevins recently informed me that if I bought his book, The Encyclopedia of Fantastic Victoriana, he would reimburse me the cost of the book if I didn't like it.

Well, he probably chuckled to himself the whole time, thinking, "Yeah, like that's gonna happen, because I wrote a good book and it's right up his alley! Heh!"

And damned if it didn't work: I've had the book less than a day and I'm wondering why I haven't had it for years. So, round one to you, Mr. Nevins. But wait until my book comes out!

(Note to self: resume writing book.)

(BTW, I only just started using Amazon again, so how long have they been putting up these "Hey, you already bought this item!" messages? I find that kind of irritating. I know what I own, dammit!)

No comments: