Monday, July 10, 2006

Sentential Links #56 (the "GAHHHH!!!" edition)

ARRGGGHHHH!!!

I had this week's Sentential Links post almost done -- and then my f***ing computer locked up, forcing me to cold boot the machine and scuttle the post in the process. Damnation and hellfire! Consternation and uproar!

So, I'm just going to provide one of the links that I had and call it a night.

:: So I feel that I am starting over, in ways I desperately don't want to. The people (the ones I cared most about) for whom my husband was a living, breathing, joking, loving entity are all gone away. (Anyone who thinks that blogs are an inferior medium for expression need to read this blog.)

Well, that's it. I don't feel like digging out the links I was going to present all over again, so maybe I'll do a "special edition" Sentential Links later in the week. But maybe not. You never know.

(OK, a side point: on a message board I look in on now and then, there's a fellow who seems quite proud of the fact that he reads e-books exclusively now. All I can say to that is that in the history of the human species, no paper book has ever crashed and had to be cold-booted, causing the text to completely disappear. Until the e-book can boast a similar level of dependability, I shall think of it as a lesser medium than paper.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for giving me the link . I lost it a long time back . She is a strong Women .