Saturday, November 18, 2006

Bonus Burst of Coolness



I found this on a message board the other day, and I just had to link it here, because I just love stuff like this: the little things that used to fill the peripheries of our lives, tiny details that companies would incorporate into their products for no other reason than it was cool to do so: beer bottle caps with puzzles printed inside them. I love the idea of some working-class guy sitting on a stool at the bar of his preferred watering hole after his shift had ended, sipping a cold one and solving the rebus printed on the liner of his bottle cap.

Of course, today if some warm body from the marketing department actually suggested something like this at a meeting of the execs of today's mega-breweries, that poor soul would almost certainly be laughed out of the room.

1 comment:

Derek J. Punaro said...

Molson did do the twin label thing! Can you translate the riddle? I'm usually good at these things but this cold is affecting my brain.