Saturday, December 02, 2006

O the crunchy chocolatey goodness!

I don't think I've ever met a soul who, when presented with the choice from a fresh pan of brownies, doesn't opt for a piece cut from the edge rather than the middle, so in addition to the thick chewy brownie goodness, they also get that beautiful crunchy edge where the sugars have caramelized and then reset owing to the higher temperatures resultant from direct exposure to the metal of the pan. Well, now you don't have to worry about disappointing your brownie-loving friends with a piece cut from the middle of the pan! Behold!

(via Erin)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's funny... I've always liked the middle better. I didn't realize until a conversation at a family get together earlier this year that some people actually like the edge. I've always thought of the crusty edge as an unavoidable flaw in brownies and assumed that most people felt the same way.

Erinna said...

Rand likes the middle part best, too...I always thought I was the weirdo, until I saw the pan. ;)

Anonymous said...

Oh, I am SO putting this on my Christmas list! What an awesome idea!