Saturday, August 25, 2007

Notes

A couple of things:

:: I guess it's time to start giving actual hints for Unidentified Earth 15, so here's the first hint: the Carter Administration.

:: It's time to identify the false item in my second Seven Things post. Ready? Here goes...it's Number Five. Those were the teams, but the Pirates lost, not the Phillies. It was a cold and drizzly day at Three Rivers Stadium, and I drank about six hot chocolates at three bucks each or whatever it was that hot chocolates went for at Three Rivers back then.

My second Major League Baseball game -- and, thus far, my last one -- was on my twenty-first birthday, when I and a bunch of friends went to the Hubert Humphrey Metrodome to watch the defending World Champion Twins defeat the Royals, 9-2.

:: By the way, check out ShrpSports.com, if you ever need a source for all-time results of various sporting events. If you need to know who the Milwaukee Brewers played on June 10, 1981, you can find it here. (They lost to the Texas Rangers, 12-5. Two days later a labor issue caused a two-month work stoppage in MLB.)

2 comments:

Laura said...

what, the buccos lost??!!
go figure.
i miss three rivers stadium....good times there.
when i went to pgh for my high school reunion 2 years ago, i took my husband on a tour of my favorite downtown hangouts. the two new parks and the surroundings are a sight to see still it seems so empty to see three rivers driving across the fort pitt bridge after coming out of the tunnel.

Anonymous said...

Sneaky. Very, very sneaky.

-Mark