Monday, November 19, 2007

Tears in Rain

This is turning out to be quite the Holiday Season for Geek Music Stuff:

:: The Lord of the Rings Complete Recordings: The Return of the King is available as of tomorrow. Mine should arrive via UPS the day after tomorrow. I can't wait to spend a big chunk of Thanksgiving Weekend journeying by music back to Minas Tirith, and through Mordor, and thence to the Grey Havens.

:: Intrada Records has issued the complete score to Alien, music by Jerry Goldsmith, on a two-disc set. I don't know if I'll pick this up or not; I'm not that big a Goldsmith fan, and I'm definitely not an Alien fan.

:: I probably will pick up the three-disc Blade Runner score release, though. I'm not the biggest fan of that film, but the music by Vangelis is wonderful stuff, and I look forward to hearing it in full. (I'll probably also get the new version of the film on DVD, albeit not the superduper one that comes in a briefcase or something like that.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mind-blowing awesomeness is all that can be said for the ROTK box set. I cracked and got it on iTunes. (Curse my wretchedness!) Anyway, have you seen the Annotated Scores on the official soundtrack site? These PDF files contain different material from the booklets that come with the box sets. Go figure. Pretty great stuff regardless. Enjoy the music! http://www.lordoftherings-soundtrack.com/