Monday, December 10, 2007

Sentential Links #121

Eleven Squared! Woo-hoo!

:: Anybody out there had any experience or have insights into ear candling? (Sounds like hooey to me.)

:: Why Al Roker is in my dreams, I don't know. (This man needs some stronger hallucinogenics. Salty language alert.)

:: I did the fake Christmas tree for a few years. But every year when I put that thing together, I would end up with scratches up and down my arm, some kind of puncture wound, a tree that looked like a drunk person put it together and a near nervous breakdown. (Nobody told me that Michele of formerly A Small Victory was blogging here. Demerits for all of you.)

:: I have to admit, though, that every time I see a new smear on Clinton, I waver. I figure if the fringe right hates her that much, she's probably just what we need. (I'm in a similar quandary. I actually lean toward Obama, but part of me really wants a Hillary Clinton presidency, just so I can watch Republican heads explode.)

:: I am pragmatic enough to recognize that many things I hope for will never come to pass. But I will deal with that each time it happens. I am still holding hard onto hope. (Not sure Belladonna would approve, but I can't help but read this with my mind doing the voice of Morgan Freeman.)

:: Now suppose you’re in your favorite bar and a big guy dressed in black leather, hung about with chains, walks over and bets you a hundred bucks that you can’t name the twelve cranial nerves. Here’s how you can conquer and win his hundred. (Great. Now he tells me.)

:: Imagine the Buffalo Skyway creatively re-engineered and readapted to function as a signature “green” multi-use mega-structure, complete with a glass enclosed “green roof” and pedestrian pathway instead of as an overhead roadway. (Wow. Just...wow.)

And there we have it.

1 comment:

Belladonna said...

Morgan Freeman?? It's not a matter of approving or disapproving - I'm just baffled. I'm assuming this would be more associated with his character "Red" in the Shawshank Redeption (one of my all time favorite movies!) rather than his portrayal of God in Evan Almighty or police detective Dr. Alex Cross in Kiss the Girls. Remember his casket baththub song way back when on The Electric Company. Now there was a classic!