Thursday, January 17, 2008

The Big E

The USS Enterprise under construction in JJ Abrams's upcoming Star Trek movie:



That's a pretty cool image, even if shots of the Enterprise in drydock are getting a little passe, aren't they? I mean, the various Enterprises are shown in drydock in eight of the existing movies already. If you look closely, you can make out the front of the warp nacelles, flanking the saucer section behind. Maybe it's a trick of perspective, but those nacelles seem awfully close, don't they? And big? I wonder what the actual Big E for the movie will look like. I suppose it'll be like every iteration of the Big E: same basic shape but some different bells and whistles.

I'm still not wild about Abrams in charge of Trek, but then I'm not terribly wild about Trek anymore anyway. We'll see.

No comments: