Thursday, January 17, 2008

Maybe we can all change our last names to "Joad"

A Republican Congresswoman from Minnesota opines thusly:

I am so proud to be from the state of Minnesota. We're the workingest state in the country, and the reason why we are, we have more people that are working longer hours, we have people that are working two jobs.


Imagine all those Minnesotan chests puffing outwards with pride as they stumble, bleery-eyed, from eight hours at one job to six hours at the next, maybe kissing the kid whose name they barely remember as they lurch out the door toward the 1991 Chevy in the driveway that might be able to last one more winter, just as long as that loud knocking noise the engine makes now and again doesn't turn out to be anything bad, all the while thinking, "Wow, this dull ache in my legs sure doesn't seem to want to go away," or maybe "Hey, with the coins I just found in the couch, I can get a quart of milk and a gallon of gas before payday!". But it'll all be good, because this Minnesotan will know that his or her Republican Congresswoman is proud of their efforts and is planning to help them out by cutting the taxes on their corporate masters, secure in the knowledge that the financial rewards of those tax cuts will make it down to the two-job working grunts real soon.

To the trough, boys!

1 comment:

Aaron said...

Bachmann is INSANE. And, I'm not just talking about her beliefs. Even if she agreed with me on every issue that ever existed I couldn't bring myself to vote for her. I literally get the heebie jeebies every time I see her.