Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Sentential Links #133

I know I'm a day late with Sentential Links; sorry, folks. I just didn't get to blogging yesterday ('tis been a busy week). At least I didn't think I'd done it already, like I did with the Burst of Weirdness. Aieee!

Anyhow:

:: There are six different classes of tea, but don't ask me to name them now...I'm not that advanced in the art of tea yet! (Written in response to this post of mine from last week.)

:: Which state is the most aggressively and self-consciously themed, Texas or Florida?

:: Have you ever stopped to realize just how unhealthy Buffalo wings are? (No. Shut it, you!)

(By the way, those wings in his picture or close, but they're obviously not authentic Buffalo wings. Any true Buffalonian can tell you why.)

:: Aren’t you so thankful that so many of the wonderful things in life do not have to be experienced just once? (New blog to me.)

:: So would you take the red pill or the blue pill? (Since purple's my favorite color, I mash 'em both together. Yum! Another new blog to me.)

:: Deanna Troi knows how to annoy the crew. (Another new blog to me.)

:: I love it when people who have it made tell me what life is like.

:: I see that Andrew Sullivan was asked to list what he got wrong about Iraq for the five year anniversary of the invasion, and since I was as big a war booster as anyone, I thought I would list what I got wrong:

Everything.


:: As a nation, we stand atop a pedestal of bones and ruined lives. The disruption of families is ongoing, and our honor has been thrown away by the greed and ignorance of our leaders. And yet we carry on as if nothing is happening, nothing is wrong, no action need be taken. We will have an election, and one of the candidates stands for amplifying our involvement in this evil chaos … and he stands a chance of winning.

:: This is a really long rant about Joss Whedon's Firefly. (A post that makes you say "Wow"...and maybe not in the good way.)

More next week!

1 comment:

Tonio Kruger said...

Yes, that "Firefly" rant does make me say, "Wow" and not in a good way.

Should I not find it odd that the two bloggers I've read who have most promoted this show--MaryAnn Johanson and Shanna Swendson--are both women?

No doubt, self-hating women, in this ranter's view, which has never been my impression of them...

But, hey, I liked "Firefly" so what do I know?