Sunday, June 01, 2008

Germs: not my cup of tea.

Sorry for the lack of content here the last few days, folks, but all through Thursday I felt the unmistakable signs of a head cold coming on, and by Thursday night, it had blossomed into a full-on head cold, complete with sore throat and mucus secretions that could have sunk the Bismarck. I'll spare you all the details, but suffice it to say this: God bless whoever invented the Neti pot.

So, after staggering through Friday feeling like absolute hell (as I noted to my best friend, I, being a guy, tend to behave during routine head colds as if I'm suffering from the last stages of terminal malaria), and recovering Saturday, I didn't start to feel normal again until today, and even now I'm not at 100 percent. Tomorrow should be back to normal, so that's when regular posting will resume.

(And let me resume now my expressions of love for the fine folks who decided to put the pseudoephedrine behind the counter. Good call, guys. DayQuil doesn't work nearly so well anymore, but we've got those meth-hounds on the run now!)

4 comments:

Derek J. Punaro said...

You can still get the good stuff without a prescription, you just need to ask a pharmacist for it. Feel better!

Kelly Sedinger said...

Sure, and I did -- sweet, sweet Mucinex! -- but then you have to stand in line in the pharmacy, present an ID, sign a book, and all that rigamarole. Plus, the old versions of my favorite cold medicines simply aren't made anymore; they're reformulated with phenylephrine, so to get the same relief I have to come up with an ad hoc cocktail of two or three OTC medications, all of which cost a lot more than the ones I used to get in a single bottle, all nicely mixed up.

The whole thing is STUPID !!!

Aaron said...

Amen. I too was a fan of NyQuil and DayQuil, and I too now must do the mix and match. And by the time I need it, I am in no condition to remember what the two different medications are.

Roger Owen Green said...

My ex-girlfriend used to refer to pseudoephedrine as Phony Phed; ya know, pseudo/phony. Didn't say it was funny.