Sunday, June 29, 2008

Sunday Burst of Weirdness

Not the usual sorts of weirdness this week, but....

:: It's weird in the sense that it doesn't happen often: a baseball team wins (in this case, the LA Dodgers) despite having no hits in the game. Wow.

One oddity here is that official MLB rules indicate that for a game to qualify as an official no-hitter, the team pitching the no-no must pitch nine innings; since the Dodgers were the home team and thus carried a lead into the bottom of the ninth, they didn't bat at all in the ninth, and therefore the Angels' pitchers only three eight innings and thus this game is not an official no-hitter. I've found this rule silly ever since they imposed it. If the game goes nine innings, it should be a no-hitter. (Now, I'm on board with not considering rain-shortened six-inning games as no-hitters if it happens. But this, to me, is a no-hitter.)

:: I, for one, would love to have "WTF" on my license plate. Maybe I'll get vanity plates that read "W TEE EFF".

:: A Star Trek/Monty Python mash-up. What scares me is that I actually know which episodes nearly every one of those Trek clips comes from. I have got to get myself a life.

Boom de yada!

1 comment:

Roger Owen Green said...

That license plate will NEVER be approved - they got LOTS of rules in NYS.