Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Bloggus Apatheticus

I haven't blogged much lately because...because...well, I just haven't felt much like blogging. I'm quite tired lately, there's a lot on the plate in Real Life, and I find with each year that battery recharging takes longer and longer. So that's why I haven't been round much, and why I probably won't be round much for a little while longer. But, some stuff that's been taking up space in the cranium:

:: Yeah, Unidentified Earth 47 turned out to be a very easy one, indeed: those are the bleacher seats in straightaway center field at Wrigley Field in Chicago, home of a baseball team whose enduring popularity is totally inexplicable. Go figure. Give yourselves 1000 Quatloos each, winners.

:: Sorry, no Burst of Weirdness this week.

:: Obviously, no Sentential Links either. Maybe next week, unless I'm still of the "Blogging? Meh..." attitude when those days roll up.

:: Remember the xkcd comic that parodies the Discovery Channel's "Boom de yada!" commercial? Well, now someone has actually made a live-action version of the xkcd cartoon. Great stuff. (I've toyed with the idea of creating my own version of the "Boom de yada" tune, but I'm sure as hell not singing it on the blog!)

:: Every time SDB posts about his local population of ducks, I can't help but think of Bart's People. "One man. No ducks."

:: Bond Blogging: Mr. Jones has been blogging his way through quite a few of the original Ian Fleming Bond novels, while I Expect You To Die! is where "Snell" is blogging his way through the entire Bond film series. His reviews are fun and exhaustive, and he wins in my book by being highly admiring of On Her Majesty's Secret Service, the best of all Bond films.

:: I've been kicking around a template change, but I haven't decided on anything yet (or even decided on trying anything new yet). So, anyone with strong opinions as to the way things look here, speak now. Or not.

Later....

3 comments:

Roger Owen Green said...

I like your template - my wife LOVES your template - but it's slow to load, especially at home. Similar thing, but smaller?

Kaye Waller said...

While searching for my new theme last week, I came across this one and thought of you.

Belladonna said...

Kelly,

In the last couple months I have changed houses, changed jobs, changed the church congregation where I attend, changed my hair, and changed a few other things. I'm maxed out on change right now. Can you hold off on the template change till I at least get all the way unpacked and settled in? This one feels pretty friendly. Nice blend between open space / text / images. Easy to read. Kind of quirky Bohemian and homey all at the same time. (but hey, it's YOUR blog, so if you must change it I guess I can live with it.)