Monday, February 23, 2009

Sentential Links #159

Got'cher linkage here....

:: I'm really glad I found this letter. I needed reminding. I'm caught up in the middle of some big challenges right now. This helps me remember it's all a process of lessons. Breathe deep and keep learning. And don't forget to dance. (My friend Belladonna doesn't post to this other blog of hers all that often, but this week she dusted it off for a typically thought-provoking post.)

:: Before we start measuring the property for a memorial, let’s let these people mourn, then let’s let them decide.

:: That's the main reason why I no longer want to give any completion dates. I am sick and tired of people jumping down my throat when I miss them. (Yes, I'm waiting for the next book too, even though I wasn't wild about A Feast for Crows. But some people are being awfully nasty toward GRRM about the whole thing.)

:: Hey, remember when I said I was going to start that series of mix tape posts? (Ooooh, I love reading about mix tapes! I never made any, myself, but I recently made a nice "workout" mix CD for The Wife and another new one for me.)

:: Now, all I want is for you to go: "EEW!" and I will be happy. (OK, mission accomplished.)

:: Forget New York City - the world capital of spend, spend, spend has long been Dubai. (Until recently, that is. The global financial meltdown is hitting Dubai pretty hard.)

:: I’m surprised and saddened to read of the death of conductor and musical-theatre archivist John McGlinn, of an apparent heart attack. He was 55. (This saddens me. One of McGlinn's recordings, his Brigadoon, is one of my favorite recordings ever.)

:: Gene Siskel and I were like tuning forks. Strike one, and the other would pick up the same frequency. (Ten years since Gene Siskel died. Wow.)

All for this week. Tune in next Monday!

No comments: