Monday, April 20, 2009

Sunday Burst of Weirdness (Monday Edition)

I actually didn't encounter too much prime weirdness this week (I really am reading too many political blogs right now anyway), but still, some oddities abound!

:: You'll have to take my word for it, since it's already scrolled off my SiteMeter records, but the other day somebody came here via the search question "Do the Argonath statues still exist?" Ummm...fiction reading FAIL.

:: Freakishly freakish bicycle stuntwork. Wow. And to think, if this guy used his powers for good! (via)

:: Susan Boyle on Britain's Got Talent. I know, everybody's linking it, but I actually linked it on Facebook before it hit the world, so I get credit for...something. And besides, she sings "I Dreamed a Dream", my favorite song from Les Miz. Not so much weird, but I had nowhere else to put it and not enough weirdness, so consider it linked.

More next week!

2 comments:

Buffalopundit said...

You have a favorite song from Les Miz. I refuse to ever see it or have anything to do with it.

Whenever something gets all hyped up by people, I tend instinctively to shun it.

I am an asshole, however. That might explain things.

The Earl of Obvious said...

Sounds like a guy I knew who would only listen to rock songs that "weren't hits". In his mind this made him much less trendy than the more casual listener. In reality he was still being controlled by the same device of pop culture that robs one of their own opinion; a terrible thing to surrender.

So really, dork is a more appropriate moniker than Asshole.