Sunday, October 04, 2009

Sucking is a state of mind

The Bills have just finished losing to the Dolphins by a score of...well geez, I don't know, but it was a lot. It is now official: the Bills are terrible. Sure, they have a roster with some talent on it, but it doesn't matter; their coaching and front office are simply unable to put together a winning product. Oh well. Looks like I'll get my Sunday afternoons back pretty soon -- probably next week, after the Bills allow the Browns to get Win Number One on the season.

I note also that the Dolphins now play in "Land Shark Stadium", and I endorse this name. In fact, I think that the world needs more sports venues named for Saturday Night Live sketches. I'd love to see the World Series alternate between Church Lady Park and Blues Brothers Stadium, the Stanley Cup be hoisted by the home team at Weekend Update Arena, and the Super Bowl kick off on the turf at Mr. Short Term Memory Field.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Now that the Twins and Gophers have left/are leaving the Dome, the Vikes have sold the naming rights. The Dome is now "Mall of America Field at the Hubert H. Humphrey Metrodome."

Now that's a mouthful.

Chris