Wednesday, October 07, 2009

A Tango with Tiamat

George R.R. Martin reports on the writing of A Dance with Dragons: he now has 1100 manuscript pages, and hopes to bring the book's final manuscript in under 1500 pages. He says that the book is now longer than A Game of Thrones and A Feast for Crows, getting close to A Clash of Kings, and has a way to go before A Storm of Swords. Well, that's nice and all, but I'm not going to get happy yet.

I'll probably start a re-read of the series in a year, though.

1 comment:

Call me Paul said...

I'm not exactly sure of the chronology, but it's my understanding that this is book five of, what, eight? I've got the first four sitting on my bedside table, but I ain't starting a one of them yet. Has the third book of the Third Thomas Covenant series come out yet? Can I start that series yet?