Saturday, January 16, 2010

To Barsoom!!!

AICN reports that John Carter of Mars is now shooting. I loved the first book in Edgar Rice Burroughs's series when I read it some time ago (note to self: read the rest of those books), and I have to admit to being thrilled at the possibility of a good movie springing from that book. We're talking serious skiffy adventure here, folks -- for all the plaudits heaped on so many great SF novels for their forward-looking and insightful delvings into the nature of humanity and our place in the universe and how we deal with our technology and the threats we face from without and within, sometimes I want a story that can be illustrated thusly:



(image via)

1 comment:

jason said...

One of my all-time favorite books -- I'm really jazzed for this. They're shooting parts of it here in Utah, which makes perfect sense because this place is like another planet sometimes... ;)