Monday, October 18, 2010

Sentential Links #224

Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnd away we go!

:: This is the year of Republican Revenge and all they want is to bring the temple crashing down around their ears in order to enjoy the sight of their enemies being crushed in the rubble.

:: Whew. Scary story. Fortunately, it is only a “what if.” Good thing we voted for change.

:: Snark is easier than describing something delicious.

:: So I have decided to disconnect one day a week to be "alone" without a thousand tweets, comments, status messages, replies, and emails. I will spend one full day a week alone with my thoughts.

:: Kirk and Spock still mean a great deal to me, but I just sort of moved on to other interests.

:: I don't get you, sign-carriers. I mean, setting aside all kinds of other things we could argue about, I'll tell you straight up that the whole "justification by faith" thing makes no flipping sense to me whatsoever. It makes my head hurt. (I'll never, ever understand that, either.)

:: FLAPJACKS: We totally need to set up a D&D game.
ME: There is never a time when that sentence is true.


:: And I’m still trying to wrap my head around Ravelry. I love the whole thing, but its HUGE. Like a secret cult – of fiber folks - that I can’t quite figure out – I love getting lost in the site! (Isn't that the truth! I've watched The Wife spend long periods of time over there.)

:: When I was working full time (from the time I was 18 until I was 59 this year), my life was very structured. Structured to the point of making me crazy, stressed and irritable because of lack of down time. All of a sudden, it's not structured at all. This new loosey-goosey life makes me feel exuberant, worrisome, productive and lazy all at the same time.

More next week!

No comments: