Sunday, October 17, 2010

Sunday Stealing

Continuing the quiz I began last week from Sunday Stealing:

26. Do you like someone?

There's this girl from Iowa I'm rather fond of. Luckily I'm already married to her.

27. The last song you listened to?

"Happy Together" was on the radio when I drove home from work.

28. What time of day were you born?

I think it was between 10:00 and 11:00 pm, if I remember right. (That is to say, if I remember what my parents once told me. It's not like I remember that night itself!)

29. What’s your favorite number?

You know, I've never much understood the idea of a favorite number. Different numbers for different contexts, says I.

30. Where did you live in 1987?

Allegany, NY. That's when I was in 10th and 11th grades.

31. Are you jealous of anyone?

I'm jealous of Joss Whedon.

32. Is anyone jealous of you?

Doubtful, but that just mean's they're stupid.

33. Where were you when 9/11 happened?

I was on my way to work when I first heard of the first crash. The second crash, the Pentagon, and the downing of United 93 happened once I was already at work. It was a terrifying day, and it just felt to me the height of absurdity to be making sales calls on that day.

34. What do you do when vending machines steal your money?

If there's a service desk at the business where it's located, I say, "Hey, that machine stole my money." If not, then I walk away, grumbling. I don't often use vending machines, though. I don't really trust them and find them overpriced and unnecessary, in this day and age when convenience stores are everywhere.

35. Do you consider yourself kind?

Yes, but what kind? Hmmmmm!

36. If you had to get a tattoo, where would it be?

Shoulder, or ankle. Someplace that doesn't show too much. (You wouldn't see a shoulder tattoo on me, as I never wear tanktops.)

37. If you could be fluent in any other language, what would it be?

Russian. Or French.

38. Would you move for the person you loved?

I have, and so has she.

39. Are you touchy feely?

No.

40. What’s your life motto?

"Keep smiling, because you never know what life is going to throw in your face next!"

41. Name three things that you have on you at all times?

There's nothing that I have on me at all times. When I go out, I try to always have my wallet, my cellphone, and my keys. I like to have my pocket knife too, but that's dependent on me remembering to transfer it from one jacket to another.

42. What’s your favourite town/city?

BUFFALO, NY!

43. What was the last thing you paid for with cash?

Some drinks on the way home from Pumpkinville yesterday.

44. When was the last time you wrote a letter to someone on paper and mailed it?

Wrote a letter? Several years, I think.

45. Can you change the oil on a car?

Yes.

46. Your first love: what is the last thing you heard about him/her?

Let's see, who do I consider my "first love"? I'm Facebook-friends with a girl on whom I had a wicked crush early in my high school career; luckily that faded reasonably quickly and she and I became good friends after that, then lost track after we both graduated (she a year before me), and then reconnected via FB a couple of years back. The first girl I dated in college? She turned out to be crazy at the time, and I was crazy too, so that just wasn't a terribly good match, but wow, did it sure suck at the time. (It was one of those "I'm really into you! And...now I'm not." kinds of breakups.) As I understand it, she remained crazy for a while, then became sane, and eventually ended up with a guy to whom she's been married and had kids with ever since.

Funny thing? My experience with her took place the first semester of our Freshman year. One day when we were both Seniors, I went with my roommate to get some lunch at Subway. She waited on us...and I didn't even recognize that it was her. It was only when we were walking back to campus that my roommate said something like, "Wow, you let _____ make your sub and you didn't bat an eye!" To which I said, "Wait, that was her? Wow, I guess I'm over that one now! Hooray!"

47. How far back do you know about your ancestry?

My grandparents. That's it. I always feel like I should know more about my genealogy...but I just don't care that much.

48. The last time you dressed fancy, what did you wear and why did you dress fancy?

Define "fancy". I wore a nice sweater and pants to go see Mary Poppins the other night. I haven't put a necktie on since a job interview I had in 2003 (good thing, too, as the company with which I interviewed no longer even exists). I'm not sure I even remember how to tie a tie at this point, and I'm fine with this, as I regard ties as utterly goofy and idiotic. (Bow ties with tuxedos excepted; I do like and admire super formal wear, but occasions for that sort of attire are few and far between. And speaking of which, I do prefer bow ties with tuxes. Not the regular ties.)

49. Does anything hurt on your body right now?

Well, when I stick this needle in my eye, it gives a nice sharp pain! Otherwise, no.

50. Have you been burned by love?

See above! And once more after that. The next one, though? To paraphrase Monty Python, for me the next one was the castle that did not sink into the swamp!

And that's that.

No comments: