Sunday, October 31, 2010

A very brief note on comments

Hey folks, I'm noticing a tiny little service bug with the comments here. I have it set up so that each new comment is forwarded to my G-mail account, which is how I learn of their existence. Within each e-mailed comment, there are links to publish, delete, or mark comments as spam. I usually just click "Publish", and the comment goes through.

I've noticed a few times over the last week, though, that sometimes I click "Publish", and the "Comment Published" pop-up screen shows up -- but the comment doesn't go anywhere. I don't discover this until I actually sign onto Blogger and see a notification of unmoderated comments, and this find out that the comment I'd thought I'd published earlier is still sitting there in Limbo.

So, if you comment and later notice that it's been an oddly long period of time and your comment hasn't appeared, that's likely what's happening.

No comments: