Saturday, December 18, 2010

Sunday Stealing

Last week it was "The Ninja Meme, part 1". This week it's...guess what!

26. Whose responses to Stealing do you want to read the most?

Aside from Roger, I don't know of anyone else who does these regularly. SamuraiFrog does them occasionally...probably the same way I do, checking to see if the questions are interesting and acting accordingly. I probably should peruse the links at the end of each S.S. quiz, though.

27. What color shirt are you wearing?

It's a light gray sweater with bits of colored yarn (blue, brown) scattered throughout.

28. Do you like sleeping on satin sheets?

I'm not sure I've ever slept on satin sheets. I suppose it would be OK.

29. Can you whistle?

Yes, but not terribly well. I can produce tones by whistling, but I've never developed my whistling skills sufficiently to producing actual music. This is probably because I find whistling generally irritating. (Except for a cat my parents once owned, a beautiful Himalayan named Tribbles, who would come when my father whistled "The Impossible Dream". And only "The Impossible Dream".)

30. Favorite colors(s)?

Purple! And then red, blue, yellow, green...I really tend to like all colors, with the main exception of brown, which doesn't really do anything for me.

31. Could you be a pirate?

Sure, I guess. But probably not a very good one. I'd be like this one pirate in a scene from The Simpsons, when the pirates are all burying their treasure; I'd say, "Hey, Cap'n! Suppose instead of burying the treasure, we used it to by things! Things we like!" And on the show, the guy who says that gets shot by the Cap'n. But yeah, I'd be that guy.

32. What songs do you sing in the shower?

I don't sing in the shower, really. Maybe once in a while. When I do it's probably a show tune of some sort.

33. Favorite girls name?

The Daughter's.

34. Favorite boy’s name?

Quinn. Also Anakin.

35. What’s in your pocket right now?

Nothing. I don't carry a lot of stuff around in my pockets.

36. Last thing that made you laugh?

Well, when we got in the car to come home from church earlier, we had the radio tuned to a station that's doing all-Christmas, all the time. The song that was on when I turned the key was "Frosty the Snowman", sung by Willie Nelson. I had no idea he did "Frosty". I laughed with delight, because Willie Nelson rules.

37. Best bed sheets as a child?

I had a set of Star Wars blankets and whatnot at one point. I don't recall if there were sheets. I do recall the blanket.

38. Worst injury you’ve ever had?

I sustained a broken collarbone when a local bully pushed me off my bike. That dude is high on my "fantasy revenge list".

39. Do you love where you live?

Absolutely. I just wish the governance around here wasn't so messed up.

40. How many TVs do you have in your house? How many HDTVs?

Just one, in the living room. For bedroom viewing, we use my laptop for watching movies or downloaded programs.

41. Who is your loudest friend?

No idea at all.

42. How many dogs do you have?

Zero. Our current living situation is not conducive to dog ownership.

43. Does anyone have a crush on you?

I have no idea. I rather doubt it, though.

44. What are the most fun things you ever did?

Whale-watching with The Wife; roller coasters and the Giant Wheel at Cedar Point with The Wife; Disney World with The Wife; road-trips to Ithaca and Pittsburgh and Toronto with The Wife; cooking with The Wife; getting pied by The Wife; Christmas shopping with The Wife; seeing Star Wars movies with The Wife. Sense a theme here?

45. What are your favorite books?

I'm not listing 'em here, since books are a major subject of this blog.

47. Favorite Team?

The Buffalo Bills and the Pittsburgh Pirates. Because I like teams with long, rich traditions of winning...that were followed by long, poor traditions of losing.

48. What songs do you want played at your funeral?

"Into the West" by Howard Shore, sung by Annie Lennox. And "People Get Ready" by Curtis Mayfield. And "Last Dance" by Donna Summer. (I guess. I've never really thought about this before.)

49. What were you doing at 12 AM?

I was probably dropping off to sleep.

50. What was the first thing you thought of when you woke up?

"Stop pawing at my hand, you idiot!" Our cat Lester likes to drape himself across the back of The Wife's pillow and wait to be petted in the morning. But when he decides he's waited long enough, he'll start pawing around, looking for a hand. Often-times he finds mine.

OK, that's it. Huzzah!!!

No comments: