Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Grumble....

An apology to the blogger I like enormously into one of whose comment threads I just spewed an immense amount of bile at someone (not the blogger) on the opposite side of the political fence. It may be time for me to just stop reading political comment entirely. I just can no longer act as if there's a reasonable argument to be made for "deficit cutting" that calls for sacrifices by everybody except the rich, for an economy that is built on everyone just accepting the premise that we should all count ourselves lucky to have whatever little we've managed to create for ourselves (or just hold onto), for any notion that my personal freedom would somehow be lessened by the adoption of a real national health care plan, or for the idea that Government is bad bad bad but the Market is great great great and if the Market wants to screw me with my pants on, well then, I'd best be about the business of bending over first and saying "Thank you!" after.

No, I'm not in a good mood right now. So I'm off to mark as "read" every single item in my Google Reader subscriptions. The political ones, anyway.