Monday, March 28, 2011

Sentential Links #241

Time for linkage. Brace yourselves!

:: There they were. Walking home from work one day, all I could see was something that looked like lots of hair.

:: And I just learned yesterday that Doritos (any of the bright-orange nacho-cheese junk snacks, actually) pair best with Pinot Noir. I thought that was weird. (But what crunchy, salty snack pairs best with Valpolicella? I love a nice Valpolicella.)

:: So, let not my lack of ranting confuse you; in most cases, I tend to side with the labor unions, even though, I should point out, I do not belong to one.

:: Among the things we do is to tilt at windmills. We do this because we also fight City Hall, and sometimes the windmills look as thought they might be City Hall. We fight City Hall because that's the only way to keep the system honest, and keeping the system honest is a lot more important than the guilt or innocence or rightness or wrongness of any particular individual or cause.

:: Blow in her face and she'll follow you anywhere. (Holy crap.)

:: The point is that the unit value of "song" is not the same as the unit value of "novel." The comparison is more song ==> short story or song ==> chapter, and album ==> novel.

:: It got me thinking, “what is the next homeowner going to think of some of my decisions?” Whenever I make changes or repairs to the house, I try to do it at least as well or better than a professional would. Not that I always succeed — sometimes I don’t have the skill or the time. I’m sure there are some things that I just live with that would make another person shake his head.

:: Three days ago I woke up thinking, “I wonder how Diana Wynne Jones is doing? I should crochet her a shawl.”

More next week!

2 comments:

Roger Owen Green said...

I should note that, while I had long planned to write about the Triangle Waist Fire, it was a quote from your blog that I linked to that helped give the post its shape. So thank you for the link AND for the assistance.

blue girl said...

"Blow in her face and she'll follow you anywhere.'

OMG, that ad made me laugh out loud! WHAT were they thinking? My God! The horror! lol