Monday, July 25, 2011

Sentential Links #253

Let the linkage commence!

:: Regardless of what Freud may have theorized,this is the ONLY time I get penis envy. (Minds out of the gutter, please. Yeah, you. Yeesh!)

:: This woman extracted a bottle of perfume from that tiny purse I just mentioned, and proceeded to spray its contents over her drink. In one quick spritz. I mean, I understand wanting to smell nice but this is ridiculous. (I'm not a martini drinker, so I have little idea what any of this means. But it's pretty funny!)

:: There's nowhere to go with that. The question ends there. The worst that can happen has happened and there's nothing good that's going to come out of it.

:: Even if that number is wildly off, would you support $30 Billion to colonize Mars? Would you end the Iraq and Afghanistan wars 70 days sooner to take the next great adventure? (I'd have ended the Iraq and Afghanistan wars years ago, and not only had the money for the next great adventure but true healthcare reform to boot. But that's just me.)

:: So with a half-smile that was a mixture of sadness and satisfaction, I said my goodbyes to shuttle Atlantis, clicked off my computer, and went back to bed for a couple hours. And as I was drifting off, the DJ in my head served up a fragment of an old song, Bob Seger's "Against the Wind," a line about deadlines and commitments, and a mood of being resigned to an unadventurous adulthood even while your spirit is still yearning for something else...

:: I will continue to enjoy the harvest and reap the benefits of my spinach, lettuce, tomatoes, basil and the many other healthy greens that are sustaining me this summer. I will continue to check the garden each morning with excitement and anticipation -- and holding my breath that I don't wake up to zucchini the size of my Mini Cooper. You laugh. But at this current growth rate, anything is possible.

:: Oh, man, when I analyzed Monday’s Funky Winkerbean, I obviously wasn’t prepared for the multiple layers of smugness we were in for. Les didn’t smugly display his superiority over his old professor; instead, he refrained from this act of petty taunting, so he could come home and wax smugly about his moral superiority. Kudos to you, sir!

:: Add very little water and food colouring to the icing sugar until you have a glue-like paste. Don't make it too runny or you'll end up with Shoggoths instead of Cthulhus.

More next week!

No comments: