Thursday, October 06, 2011

Something for Thursday

I have never owned an Apple product. Not one. Our desktop PCs have all been, well, PCs; ditto the laptop on which I'm writing this. I listen to music on an MP3 player or on my LG phone, which doubles as an MP3 player. I don't have any particular problem with Apple products; I simply opt to use other things that work just fine for me.

But that doesn't mean that I don't owe Steve Jobs a personal debt for having shaped the world in which we live. Jobs was one of those figures who straddles the world in so many ways that his influence reaches into our lives in many ways we never even realize. He was an Edison, a Tesla, a Lennon, a Lucas.

In his memory, just because it seems appropriate to me, here is the End Credits music from TRON.




No comments: