Sunday, October 09, 2011

Sunday Burst of Weird and Awesome!

Oddities and Awesome abound!

::  I'm not a fan of the movie, but Alien is definitely a triumph of production design. The main model of the ship, Nostromo, ended up sitting outside, covered with tarps, for twenty years until someone bought and it started restoration work. Check it out!

::  Wait, what?


(Seen on Tumblr.)

::  An Australian golf course has sharks living in the water traps. Big whoop...call me back when the sharks have LASERS on their heads! (via)

More next week!

2 comments:

csmith2884 said...

I agree with the big whoop, my friend in Australia says that when you draw a bath there you expect a shark in the tub.

Call me Paul said...

Granted, it's been a while since I've watched it, but I thought the Nostromo was a much larger ship, and the model pictured at that website was but a shuttle, or landing craft, not the entire ship.

A Google image search for "Nostromo" brings up both pictures of that craft, and something that looks almost like a flying city.