Sunday, February 26, 2012

Sunday Burst of Weird and Awesome!

Oddities and Awesome abound!!!

:: Twenty beautiful personal and private libraries.

I've seen most of these before online, but it's always fun to revisit them. Some of them look way too impersonal and antiseptic for me; the only ones that really look like places I'd like to hole up and work in for long stretches of time are the very first one, the one belonging to Neil Gaiman, and, of course, the one at the Skywalker Ranch. I really don't think I'd like the staircase one, where the books are actually stored in the spaces betwixt the stairs. I just know that dirt from my feet would end up co-mingling with the books, and that's not a good thing.

Still, if ever we have a Place Of Our Own, I will be constructing a better storage facility for my books than my current 'stacks everywhere one looks' thing that I've got going on.

:: It's Oscar night (no, I'm not watching), so check out this animated-GIF montage of the reactions of people who lost the awards for which they were nominated. As much as I like graciousness in defeat, there's still something oddly refreshing about the occasional "Oh, f*** that guy!" reaction.

:: Guy meets girl. Guy dates girl for a week or so. Girl gets guy's face tattooed on her arm. Facebooked hilarity ensues!

More next week!

1 comment:

M. D. Jackson said...

I'd love to peruse the books at the Skywalker Ranch. It's too bad the photo doesn't allow you to see some of the titles of the books.