Sunday, August 19, 2012

Sunday Burst of Weird and Awesome

Oddities and Awesome abound!

:: Ten Incredible Sea Forts. I love these...the first one looks like it could be a setting in a dystopic, future-Earth-where-global-warming-has-flooded-everyplace story; the second looks like something out of a James Bond movie. The rest are cool, too.

:: Really nifty stormtrooper costumes. My favorite here, given the Dumas I've been reading of late, is the Three Musketeers version.

:: Snell pinpoints the true location of the Batcave. It's...not where I expected. (I have to be honest, though, I mentally rebel against the idea of Gotham being anywhere on the Atlantic coast. In my head, as Metropolis is a stand-in for NYC, Gotham is a stand-in for Chicago. It just is, and forevermore will be. But really, fictional cities suck and mess everything up...said the guy who has set a bunch of his short stories, unpublished as they may be, in the fictional city of New Mowbray, MI, which is located on the eastern shores of Lake Michigan...and which is not unlike another Great Lakes city, farther to the east, at the end of Lake Erie....)

More next week!

No comments: