Monday, March 04, 2013

A brief manifesto....

I created this the other night:

A brief manifesto

This is part of my newer way of thinking, part of which is my newfound aversion to snark. I fully accept that I'm a strange person, and I'm fine with it. Embracing the weirdness seems a lot more productive and likely to produce longterm fun, for me, than trying to aim for some level of conformity that has never much produced large dividends anyway. I could pretend to be a normal person with a normal haircut and normal clothes and normal hobbies, but as they always say on Aaron Sorkin shows, I haven't got that kind of time. Give me long hair, bib overalls, spaceships and ghosts and wizards, and a pie in the face any day.

2 comments:

Geoff Valentine said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kal said...

About time you got there my friend. As for me I was SIX when I decided that I didn't care what others thought about me because that is always a losing proposition. Be who you are you overall wearing goon and we will love you all the same.