Sunday, March 17, 2013

Sunday Burst of Weird and Awesome!

Oddities and Awesome abound!

:: It always amazes me to learn of cultural things that are apparently really big, and yet, somehow I don't learn about them until quite a ways into their fifteen minutes of fame. Case in point: Dorito tacos. How on Earth did I not know about these? Is this what happens when you turn away, in large part, from watching teevee shows actually on teevee, during their broadcast timeslots, with commercials?

:: Bill Moyers and Joseph Campbell's The Power of Myth, available for free audio download. Wow. I shall have these before the day is out, oh yes!

:: This fellow canoed the Mississippi River. I haven't dug through his posts yet, but I certainly mean to. I love stories like this. Years ago my parents had a subscription to Canoe Magazine, and one month there was a big feature article about an epic canoe journey that took two guys all the way around North America, or something like that. I read the hell out of that article, over and over again. Good travel writing thrills me!

More next week!

1 comment:

Lynn said...

I have seen the Dorito Tacos commercials but I haven't rushed out to try them. For some reason they don't appeal to me.