Sunday, August 03, 2014

Sunday Burst

A couple of nice items this week:

:: Stephen Colbert, known for (among other things) his intense JRR Tolkien fandom, gave a short speech introducing a panel discussion of The Hobbit at ComicCon:

I was given hope that finally, finally people might not roll their eyes when I started talking about Middle-earth. That my head full of facts from FĂ«anor to Faramir might suddenly have some social value! That someone might say to me, “Hey Stephen, you know a lot about Tolkien. Can you explain something to me?” And I would say “Yes, oh God yes, I will!”

Read the whole thing!

:: Lots of links around the sports sites on the Interweb, so I won't bother, but I couldn't consider myself any kind of real Buffalonian if I didn't salute this guy's enshrinement in the Pro Football Hall of Fame.


More next week!

1 comment:

Roger Owen Green said...

Reed said sweet stuff about Kelly. Very nice.