Sunday, October 12, 2014

Writer Guy Speaks! Listen to Writer Guy!

So, what's going on in my writer-verse of late? Let's talk!


As noted the other day, I finished this stage of proofreading on Stardancer, so hopefully I don't find a bunch more errors when I get the next proof copy, thus necessitating another round. That's where we stand there, though: nothing to do until that copy comes in the mail.

::  I dug out the manuscript of GhostCop (not the actual title). Remember that one? Me either!

Kidding aside, I let that manuscript sit unexamined a lot longer than I usually do, not because of that book but because the focus this year has been on Stardancer and Princesses II. This is the first time I've had a real opportunity to look at that book in more detail, so I'm now in the process of marking up the manuscript. The goal is to be done with that process by Halloween. (This is hopefully possible since, among other things, GhostCop is a significantly shorter novel than any of the other books in the hopper, at only around 100,000 words. By the way, GhostCop is an example of a time when I'm not being coy by using the working title. At this point I genuinely don't know what this book's actual title is!

When will GhostCop become a reality? At this point I'm not sure. I'd like to have it out sometime in 2015, though.

::  As for The Adventures of Lighthouse Boy (not the actual title, and again, because I have no idea yet what the actual title is): we're back on the back burner with that one. It'll get done, eventually, but right now I'm kicking around not releasing it as one large book but rather serializing it, a few chapters at a time, maybe for $,99 a pop. Who knows...it seems to me a good way to honor the book's Dumas/Dickens inspirations, but to be successful, this may have to wait until I've established my "brand" a bit more. And besides, that book wouldn't be ready for at least two years anyway, since I'm not even done writing it!

::  Let's see, what else...oh yes, I created a page for myself on Facebook.



A "page" is different from a Facebook "profile" in that there's no "friending" involved. All you have to do is "like" the page, and you're able to interact there. I don't know how much mileage I'll get out of it, especially since Facebook tends to hold page-based content hostage for money, but there it is. The page will be another way to interact with me. I'm not sure how I'll divvy up the content yet, but I figured I should at least hang out my shingle there, so consider it hung!

::  Finally, I've decided that Princesses In SPACE!!! III: The Search for the Last Crusade (not the actual title) will be my NaNoWriMo book this year. I'm already signed up and everything!



Obviously I won't be cranking out the entire book in November, as my target length for those books is 180000 words, and the focus of NaNoWriMo is 50000 in thirty days. I really have to get that manuscript going, so the book can be ready for its target release in November 2016. I'll have more to say about that as the process moves forward, and I'll talk more specifically about The Song of Forgotten Stars as a series on the main site after the book comes out.

Wow. I'm, like, busy and stuff!




No comments: